Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thanks to Attorney Mark Geragos For Spending Some One-on-One Time With Zuma Dogg!

Thanks to attorney Mark Geragos (who many people know from his frequent Larry King apperances) for spending a little time with Zuma Dogg today. He has a couple cases that I came across that I find interesting, and it was nice of him to allow me the opportunity to briefly let him know what I found interesting, and he liked the idea of speaking with me more in depth over these cases in the future.

But now I don't know if I want to talk to him anymore, because here's what he said when he met in person: "You look like Eminem...(pauses)...or Eminem's father." (I must need to trim the little bit if grey out of the beard of my chin.)

So, I burst out in full ZD (Chris Tucker-style "y'all") persona and say, "First of all; I'm way too young to be his father. Second of all; I'm a way better rapper! Huh...huh...huh..."

Meanwhile, I tell him that I do a lot of research of cases at the Federal Courthouse as a public advocate and writer, and sometimes I come across his cases (in the net while researching other cases).

And I mention two of his cases that caught my attention; and I told him I even spoke about one of them with on the radio with Mark "Mr. K" Germain (who thought it was a big deal, too); but I guess it's no big deal to the rest of the media." (The two big "Mark G's" in this town!)

Geragos shrugged in agreement as if to say, "What are you gonna do?"

I asked him if I could speak with him further about the significance of some of these cases for an article I wanted to write; and he seemed to like the idea of bringing some attention to some of these lesser publicized, but important cases -- and he introduced me to his associate who was walking along with us.

Then, I took the opportunity to sneak in a basic legal question about another case i am interested in, he gave me a quick one sentence response, as he enter the courtroom. Then ZD decided to take the opportunity enter, as well, and I got to watch him in action. Mr. Geragous, thanks for being so gregarious to Zuma Dogg!

Plus, I attended the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors meeting, and got to speak on several items and it will be broadcast on TV. Gloria Molina seemed to be writing down some of the things I was saying regarding the County's 2-1-1 phone campaign.

Overall, not a bad day off from the usual Tuesday LA City Council meeting. And if you are a concerned citizen in the city or county, take a trip downtown and become involved in these public meetings and take advantage of the resources provided to you.

zumadogg@gmail.com
ZumaTimes.com: Offical Web Site

No comments: