Sunday, October 10, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
- BREAKING PENSIONGATE NEWS (Re: Placement Agents): Schwarzenegger signs pension fund transparency bill, prompted by a scandal involving CalPERS. (Read FULL STORY HERE!)10/1/2010Following up on an exclusive story that broke and unfolded at L.A. City News, breaking news from Sacramento as they…
- BREAKING MARIJUANA LAW NEWS - CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER SIGNS LAW DECRIMINILIZING POSSESION OF UP TO ONE OUNCE OF MARIJUANA (Read Article HERE)10/1/2010California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) Thursday signed into law a bill that decriminalizes the possession of up to one ounce…
- L.A. City News Update for September 30, 2010 : AUDIO - Whitman, Allred & L.A. City Controller and Chief Beck on RED LIGHT CAMERA PROGRAM (Audio of FULL Press Conference)9/30/2010# RED LIGHT CAMS: As city is about to discuss renewal of severely flawed program, controller puts out negatives, 1st.…
- 4PM - BREAKING: L.A. City Controller Releases Audit of City's Red Light Camera (HEAR CONTROLLER'S PRESS CONFERENCE AUDIO, HERE.)9/30/2010From: LAPD BLOG: CITY CONTROLLER RELEASES AUDIT OF CITY’S PHOTO RED LIGHT CAMERA PROGRAM Cameras Meant to Reduce Accidents Have…
- L.A. City News 11 O'Clock News Update for Wednesday, September 29, 2010 (See Whitman's Maid's Documents HERE)9/29/2010L.A City News Channel: Breaking news tweets as they come across wire, blog posts & streaming audio/video on L.A. City. http://LACityNews.com…
- L.A. City News for Wednesday, September 29, 2010 (Watch Video Replay of CA Gubernatorial Debate & L.A. Council Grassroots Candidate Forum - http://LACityNews.com)9/28/2010VIDEO PLAYBACK: CA GOV DEBATE between Jerry Brown & Meg Whitman (9/28/10). Watch each segment (round), blow-by-blow here. http://ow.ly/2Luon…
- VIDEO REPLAY: Jerry Brown vs Meg Whitman - California Gubernatorial Debate (9/28/10)9/28/2010ENTIRE DEBATE - segment by segment via KABC-7/L.A.
- NOW STREAMING: L.A. Clean Sweep Council Candidate Forum (9/25/10) - Plus More L.A. City Media (http://LACityNews.com)9/28/2010Now streaming at http://LACityNews.com, video of L.A. Clean Sweep Council Candidate Forum from Saturday, September 25, 2010 -- plus audio of…
- L.A. City Deputy Mayor Austin Beutner on KABC Radio with Peter Tilden (9/27/10) - Good Interview9/27/2010Today, Monday, September 27, 2010 - L.A. City Deputy Mayor Austin Beutner made an in studio appearance on 790-KABC radio…
- Los Angeles City Council Candidate Profile: David Barron in CD 6 to REPLACE Current Incumbent TONY CARDENAS (Need We Say More?)9/26/2010Although we still have important Statewide elections in just a few weeks, the race for Los Angeles City Council has…
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
ALL NEW CONTENT POSTED at NEWLY REVAMPED http://LACityNews.com (Here's What's Posted For Wednesday, September 29, 2010)
L.A. CITY NEWS TWEETS
VIDEO PLAYBACK: CA GOV DEBATE between Jerry Brown & Meg Whitman (9/28/10). Watch each segment (round), blow-by-blow here. http://ow.ly/2Luon 24 minutes ago
MEG WHITMAN: Guv candidate should know city mayor has zero oversight over CA school district. Blamed Brown as Governor in his mayoral role. about an hour ago
RT @KFIAM640: HERE IT IS: Well, at least part of it. John and Ken Voter Guide - Ballot Props. More to come! http://bit.ly/dhdCsV about 2 hours ago
MEDIA SEEMS TO FEEL: Brown Scores Clear Victory in Tonight's Gubernatorial Debate - http://t.co/X46KRSc about 2 hours ago
City Council bans supergraphics from Hollywood, but digital signs still OK http://lat.ms/bhQEZp (It was DIGITAL signs people complained of.) about 9 hours ago
$100 Million Ride?: Everyone Wants a Broadway Streetcar. The Question Is, How Much Will the Public Have to Pay?: http://bit.ly/de7god about 10 hours ago
RT @michaellinder: New study by LAANE: 1.56 million now living in poverty in Los Angeles. http://is.gd/fyeqR about 10 hours ago
NOW STREAMING: Audio stream of "L.A. Clean Sweep" candidate event from Saturday 9/25/10. http://LACityNews.com. (Site revamped!) about 11 hours ago
LA TIMES: Obama renews call to remove underperforming teachers, lengthen school year. In 'Today' show (cont) http://tl.gd/684ipn about 22 hours ago
LA TIMES: Former L.A. labor leader investigated Probe focuses on consulting fees paid by one ex-SEIU official to another. http://ow.ly/2KSNh about 22 hours ago
CD 6 L.A. Council Candidate DAVID BARRON on Transparency & Bell Type Scandal Prevention - (9/25/07 Candidate (cont) http://tl.gd/68478f about 23 hours ago
Beutner saved L.A. $263 mil in first month on job. Wall Street would have given standing ovation. Not a word or mention from City/Council. about 23 hours ago
"It's NOT going to happen in a classroom of 50 or 60 kids." - Austin Beutner on creating change at LAUSD with 50-60 kids per classroom. about 23 hours ago
Welcome to http://LACityNews.com - Covering L.A. City Hall & Upcoming Council Elections. Bookmark the page. Subscription link at bottom. 1 day ago
TOP CITY ISSUE EMERGING QUICKLY: Venice homeless & RV issue. Quickly escalating as some residents stick "GET OUT NOW" fliers on vehicles. 1 day ago
MEMO: Conflict of Interest Allegations at Los Angeles Housing Department (City Council WAITING for City Attorney's L... http://ow.ly/19boL2 1 day ago
Friday's announcement that Downtown Art Walk was CANCELED now called an unauthorized statement by "former director." - http://ow.ly/2Kg4N 1 day ago
LETTER FROM (ALLEGEDLY) FRUSTRATED L.A. HOUSING STAFF ON RENT ESCROW CONFLICT (INTRO, Pt 1) http://ow.ly/2KfXM 1 day ago
LETTER FROM (ALLEGEDLY) FRUSTRATED L.A. HOUSING DEPT STAFF ON RENT ESCROW CONFLICT OF INTEREST as addressed by (cont) http://tl.gd/67lbih 1 day ago
TRANSCRIPT - DAVID BARRON at L.A. City Council Candidate Forum (09/25/10): Thank you. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm (cont) http://tl.gd/67krsf 1 day ago
Los Angeles City Council Candidate Profile: David Barron in CD 6 to REPLACE Current Incumbent TONY CARDENAS (Need We... http://ow.ly/19aPfQ 2 days ago
CD6 TONY CARDENAS is TOP incumbent that MUST GO! DAVID BARRON had REAL, IMPRESSIVE solutions at candidate forum: http://barron4cc.com/site 2 days ago
5 pg memo by frustrated LA Housing Dept staff now circulating on REAP conflict of interest as addressed by City Attorney's office @ Council. 2 days ago
Monday, September 27, 2010
LINK: L.A. City Deputy Mayor Austin Beutner on KABC Radio with Peter Tilden (9/27/10) - Good Interview
Monday, September 6, 2010
AND, you can check out my Labor Day Music Mix at http://ZumaShow.com, too. James Brown, Bee Gees, Madonna, Michael Jackson, U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Led Zep, Bob Marley, Depeche Mode, Kings of Leon, etc., all in a KCRW-style Electro-Funk remix. (Greatest Hits Remixed.) And some of you have mobile devices you can hook up to your car speakers, too. Otherwise, as long as you are online, you have a DJ style music mix for your BBQ.
Either way, for new ZD tweet updates as they stream throughout the day, new blog posts on the bigger items, or ZD's music mix...http://ZumaShow.com. For Labor Day and everyday.
Monday, August 30, 2010
BUT, if you are used to the http://ladailyblog.blogspot.com URL -- or rely on the subscription feed that was being sent from that blog daily...the blog is shut down. So if you need to make any bookmark or subscription updates, do so over HERE...http://ZumaShow.com. (That's the URL I like most. But if http://LADailyBlog.com is still your URL of warm and fuzzy preference, then keep hittin' that.)
BUT THE MAIN POINT OF THIS POST is to say there is a lot of new content posted for today, from over the weekend at http://ZumaShow.com. Some good comedy tweets on the news & political scene and some stuff you may find outrageous on how ZD feels some LAUSD students should be taught.
AND, if you don't like any of that...what ZD is most excited about is his new favorite net music stream, called http://netmusicstream.com. (Maybe it's my favorite, cause I program it off my computer.) HOPE YOU LIKE THE MAGIC JUKEBOX OF HITS! More on that on the blog, too. (Whichever link you choose.)
My favorite is: http://netmusicstream.com.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Due to my disabling condition, when I wake up in the morning, I am going to be IMMEDIATELY dealing with a panicked, crisis situation, alone! (And other News Tweets for 8/25/10)
- Due to my disabling condition, when I wake up in the morning, I am going to be IMMEDIATELY dealing with a panicked, crisis situation, alone. 4 minutes ago via HootSuite
Due to the fact I've posted repeatedly that I'm currently disabled & may be long-term, yet no one is helping, may put blog on private later. 6 minutes ago via HootSuite
LATimes: L.A. officials launch campaign to roll back state environmental rule. (To allow them to do whatever they want, whenever they want.) 9 minutes ago via HootSuite
My friend saw Douchebag Dummy Mayor Antonio @Trader Joes tonight & took picture w him. But do I really need to see 1 more picture of mayor? 11 minutes ago via HootSuite
IF I WANT TO KNOW WHAT MICHAEL HIGBY has to say on his dark energy blog, I'll just read it in LA Times 2 days before he gets to posting it. 15 minutes ago via HootSuite
Michael Shitby's Dark Energy CLOWN BLOG can say what they want about me. What has any jackass over there ever done? How many 1000s stop him? 20 minutes ago via HootSuite
Shitby's dark energy blog can approve comments saying it's fun to make fun of ZD, but have you SEEN HIM? Talk about a lot to make fun of. 21 minutes ago via HootSuite
DUE TO TECHNICAL DELAY, the one-time, LIVE webcast video announcement I was going to make at 3:30a, has been bumped to 4:30a. TUNE IN LIVE! about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
Doesn't matter if u Clean Sweep entire council, L.A. County is SO un-prepared to deal w next 2 yrs. WAY TOO INEFFICIENT. Bottom to fall out. about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
NEVER BEEN MORE SERIOUS: If you're someone planning/relying on GOOD L.A.'s economy over next 15yrs, GET OUT ASAP, NOW! SHARP decline coming! about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
RT@latimes: As economy fears deepen... (WHAT economy fears? Didn't you see L.A. budget? Revenue projections UP! Counting 8% Wall St return!) about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
RT@latimes: As economy fears deepen, everybody wants what Treasury sells. (WHAT economy fears? Greig Smith optimistic it's bouncing back!) about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
I WISH KABC morning talk show clown Peter Tilden would stop spending MOST OF ENTIRE SHOW promoting what's coming up AND JUST DO F-ING SHOW. about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
Can't listen to Kevin James' radio show anymore in new 12mid slot. NOT cause I'm sleeping: I can't get all worked up on issues @ that hour. about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
RT@MattSzabo: The glass, previously thought to be half-full, is in fact half-empty! (NO MATT, your HEAD is half-empty & your pic is creepy.) about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
RT @LosAngelesCP:Lo & Behold: Lindsay Gets Sprung From Rehab! (Let the good times roll, baby! She's free and clear for partying good times!) about 2 hours ago via HootSuite
DRIVER ADVISORY ALERT: Actress Lindsay Lohan has been released from rehab and out and about among the general population. Be extra careful. about 2 hours ago via HootSuite
New Content Posted at Zuma Dogg's L.A. Daily Blog - A Twitter Rush of Political News & Comedy Commentary http://ow.ly/18IoaZ about 2 hours ago via HootSuite
RT@KFIAM640: Topless protester from Venice Beach on now (Have never seen a topless protester at Venice MORE in need of wearing a top!) about 2 hours ago via HootSuite
@ZumaDogg fan emails picture of @Villaraigosa taken 10 minutes ago at Trader Joes. Tony's daughter snapped pic. No one else recognized him. about 3 hours ago via HootSuite
If ZD were the movie Titanic, we're at the part where Leo was in the water, hangin' on to Kate's hand as he's about to be sucked into abyss. about 3 hours ago via HootSuite
CATCH UP ON THE SEVERAL DAY TWITTER ROLL, BELOW: Looks like it's over. Tomorrow (Wed) is gonna be too challenging. Already panicking. about 3 hours ago via HootSuite
Wednesday is gonna be the kind of day for me where I wish my PARENTS weren't even born. What a NIGHTMARE. Wish tomorrow didn't have to come. about 3 hours ago via HootSuite
I YOU HAVEN'T READ MY BLOG THIS WEEK; on a tweeting news & politics comedy roll. RT@philjennerjahn: ZD tweets are on fire the last few days. about 3 hours ago via HootSuite
ZUMA DOGG SOLVES LAUSD ACHIEVEMENT PROBLEM!: Need to bring in some people good at relating to kids...OOPS, supposed to HAVE that: TEACHERS! about 4 hours ago via HootSuite
Don't whine to me about your city hall stuff. Unless you're telling me how you can help ME make it through day, since I'm disabled, go away. about 4 hours ago via HootSuite
@ZumaDogg will make a ONE-TIME ANNOUNCEMENT, LIVE via video webcast on his blog, tonight (Wed morn) at 3:30AM. It WILL NOT be repeated. about 5 hours ago via HootSuite
People LOVE ya when you aren't disabled; runnin' all over the city to every meeting. But once disabled and not, people don't care, at all. about 8 hours ago via HootSuite
NEW LAUSD SCHOOL costs half a billion dollars. That's $135,000 per student? Just give each student he money, won't have to go to school. about 22 hours ago via HootSuite
Was about to go outside to get a small snack at mini-mart. WHAT? 2am! Everything closed within miles, now! Time flies when making playlists. about 23 hours ago via HootSuite
HIPSTERS REJOYCE: Now Streaming at http://ZumaShow.com - ELECTRONIC TRANCE...great chill music for overnight! ZD's FAVE MIX. about 23 hours ago via HootSuite
Unfortunately, I'm at least temporarily disabled, if not longer-term & need additional assistance, but am on own w no car, so getting worse. about 23 hours ago via HootSuite
Zuma Dogg News, Politics & Cranky Commentary for Tuesday, August 24, 2010 http://ow.ly/18HwkB about 23 hours ago via HootSuite
What separates ZD from talk show host and most political bloggers. ZD DOESN'T feel compelled to cover it once in LA Times. Other wait UNTIL. about 23 hours ago via HootSuite
What separates ZD from short-sighted, simple activists: They are worried about their NC fund.I'm worried about BILLIONS of GENERAL FUND $. about 23 hours ago via HootSuite
What separates ZD from other nutty, small potato activists? About 2 years from the time I say it till the time they do, when it's too late. about 24 hours ago via HootSuite
What separates @ZumaDogg from average, hot-air, NIMBY activist. ZD realizes what happens Downtown affects services in Sunland-Tujunga, etc. about 24 hours ago via HootSuite
Happy Clean Sweep folks are doing stuff. But never got email about "quality/prodtvy" training. So please don't send me one on anything else. about 24 hours ago via HootSuite
RT @philjennerjahn: @zumadogg Zuma Dogg is a genius. He was one screaming loudest about L.A. blowing the pension money on Wall St. (Whoops!) about 24 hours ago via HootSuite
RT @latimes: Nine out of 10 tweens play online games, research shows. (Because 9 out of 10 parents don't know how to be parents.) 12:06 AM Aug 24th via HootSuitez
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
New Content Posted at Zuma Dogg's L.A. Daily Blog - A Twitter Rush of Political News & Comedy Commentary
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Zuma Dogg "Week In Review" (News, Politics & Comedy) for Saturday August 21, 2010 (Trying to soften the blows of L.A.'s municpal tragedy with comedy)
- Zuma Dogg Calls For Rest of L.A. to Secede From Valley (& MORE News, Politics & Comedy(?) for Saturday 8/21/10
- Friday Night News, Politics & Comedy Page with ZUMA DOGG (I try to soften the municipal tragedy with comedy!)
Thursday, August 19, 2010
NEW: Zuma Dogg, On A Roll, Tonight with His Tweets on News, Politics & Comedy (Tonight Show Style Monolouge Zingers on L.A. City Hall & Steven Tyler)
Check it all out at ZumaShow.com. It's all arranged very nicely for you to easily scan through. And check "Twitter" column on right hand side of blog for tweets between posts. http://ZumaShow.com.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Greetings From ZUMA DOGG - New Blog Posts For 8/17/10 - The Comedy & Tragedy of Los Angeles City Hall (Plus Hollywood DISH & DIRT!)
AND, NOW STREAMING: Zuma Music Radio - Oldies, Classic Rock, Disco, 80's Wave, Alternative, Funk, R&B, Classic Top-40. Music mix changes based on mood and time of day. But it's like a jukebox at your favorite pub. Basically, classic Top-40 style music mix for adults who don't like Top 40 stations, anymore, but still like Beatles, U2, Beach Boys, Sade, Led Zep, Elton John, James Brown, Bowie, Stones, Donna Summer/Disco and all the 80's one hit wonders! http://ZumaShow.com. (Stream auto-plays when you go to blog link. Good to play in background at work, or at home while surfing net.)
- ZUMA DOGG Twitter Update for 8/17/10: Politics, Political Comedy, Hollywood DISH & DIRT & MOST IMPORTANTLY, American Idol Advice!
- Ever Hear of Legendary, One-of-A-Kind Phenomenon, Zuma Dogg (Likes Of Which Has Never Been Seen Before?) Find Out More Via These BITTERsweet Tweets
- The Political Comedy Stylings of ZUMA DOGG via Twitter (Jay Leno Style Monolouge Comedy Applied To City Council)
- The Life & Times of Zuma Dogg - A Comparative-Contrast Essay on Rock-N-Roll V.I.P Lifestyle vs L.A. City Activism (File Under "Comedy")
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
(Way to go Dean!) Check out some tracks here: http://ZumaShow.com
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Here's a comment from Mayor Sam's blog today from one of his former readers:
Speaking of shooting yourself in the foot. Have you read your blog, lately?
Gosh, you're not kidding. Congrats Mayor Sam, you've successfully turned you blog into the Phil Jennerjahn/Mary Cummins circle jerk. Home of Los Angeles Politics, my ass. You really should add Mary to your list of contributors, since 90% of the comments are from her.
MayorSam, Home of the Phil Jennerjahn Circle Jerk and the School of Sleazy Politics. Congrats! I'm sure you're all so fucking proud.
Thanks for ruining what used to be my favorite blog with your childish, repub PR machine fuckery and petty bullying of Phil. When you start focusing back on the City, I'll be back. For now, I'm heading over to DListed.com.
Michael K. is a much more mature and articulate blogger.
May 15, 2010 10:44 PM
UPDATE: Anti-Sun Tzu strategist Michael "Dark Energy" Hibgy of Mayor Slam's blog warns ZD that bloggers who delete posts have to beware search engines that keep permanent copy on internet. What he doesn't understand, is I am not trying to HIDE the bi-polar-fueled posts in my darkest, most turbulent hours...but when I get the right nutrition in my system, and I'm off to the races (crisis mitigated) I don't want that type of energy out there. I know it makes people uncomfortable and my own friends and those close to me get nervous. BUT I HAVE TO POST THAT AT THE TIME FOR MY OWN OUTLET AND CHANNEL...AND YOU SHOULDN'T READ IT, MAYOR SAM READERS. But Higby allows people to blog about my escalating serious issue in his comment section, just for clicks...and exploits the situation. HE HAS HIS OWN MIRROR HE SHOULD BE LOOKING INTO. TAKE A LOOK AT HIM! HE SHOULD BE SPENDING 100% OF HIS PERSONAL TIME ON HIS OWN PERSONAL HEALTH...NO OFFENSE. But that's the most compassionate thing I can say to the guy. But anyway, screw that dark energy clown. Let him take all my terrible, desperate, bi-polar postings and repost them. IT'S NOT LIKE I CARE, EXCEPT FOR THE REASON I MENTIONED. But if HE'S into spreading that energy, it's on him! THE REASON I TAKE THEM DOWN, IS BECAUSE WHEN I AM COOLED DOWN (thanks today, to a friend from outside L.A. City)...I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO WORRY...and if Higby didn't promote it in the comment section of his blog, a lot less people may have ever seen it. BUT HE AIN'T ABOUT THE FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE THAT IS DIMINISHING YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE. HE'S ON SOME KIND OF DEGENERATE MISSION THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COMMUNITY BENEFIT.
Here's something relating to the general fund and fraud, waste and abuse.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
- Zuma Dogg TWITTER UPDATE for FRIIIIIIIII-DAAAAAAAAAAY May 7, 2010 (A Whole Lot of Nuttiness In L.A.)
5/7/2010If you are an L.A. City landlord who wants to "get around" any new rent increase freeze (exemption), contact Zuma…
- READ HERE: Letter To Medical Marijuana Collectives From (Head Up His Ass) L.A. City Attorney Carmen Titanich (Aka; The Defendant)
5/5/2010Fr: Jackass Douchebag Carmen Trutanich's L.A. Shitty Attorney's Office (Aka: "The Defendant")To: My Personal Vendetta Victims (Aka: "The Plaintiffs")Re: Angry…
- Zuma Dogg TWITTER UPDATE for Wed May 5, 2010 - L.A. City Budget Meeting, New PARKING METER PROBLEMS (ALREADY!) & MORE L.A. City News
5/5/2010I learned through 14 points, you must, "fix the system, not replace individuals" (like councilmembers) as bulk of problems are…
- Zuma Dogg LA CITY NEWS UPDATE for Wednesday April 5, 2010
5/5/2010No new post today since blogger is broke. Sorry. Watch those new parking meters that take credit cards, though. They…
- Zuma Dogg TWITTER UPDATE for Tues. May 4, 2010 (Some of these thoughts are humorous/sarcastic...be careful when reading.)
5/4/2010HERE'S A BARE MINIMUM POST FOR TODAY BASED ON ZD'S TWITTER FEED. Hope to be back soon, someday with full…
- SUNDAY MORNING UPDATE: This Blog Shutting Down After Today, Most Likely
5/2/2010My blog came in #1, again, this week on Blog Net News ranker of 100 California news blogs. HOWEVER, it's…
- LA Daily Blog Ranks #1 This Week on BlogNetNews Ranker of 100 California Blogs!
5/1/2010Looks like the new focus (or expansion) of this blog caught people's attention this week as LADailyBlog.com (HumanAwarenessTraining.com) ranks #1…
- FOLLOW-UP: Applying Quality Management Methods To DWP/City Workforce After Reports of Drinking and Picnicing on the job.
5/1/2010NOTE: First stream of consciousness draft. A few typos to correct later, but you'll get it.DEMING 14 POINT PHILOSOPHY FOR…
- VIDEO: Zuma Dogg Applies Deming's 14 Points to Video of News Report on DWP City Workers Drinking on the Job (A FAILURE OF MANAGEMENT!)
5/1/2010Here is the embedded version of the video NOW STREAMING (Saturday May 1, 2010). If you want to watch it…
- Zuma Dogg TWITTER Update for Friday 4.30.10: Janice Hahn Puts End To Political Career LIVE on L.A. Radio & City Workers Drinking Is MANAGMENT PROBLEM!
4/30/2010The W. Edwards Deming Institute Presents (for L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraiogsa, Los Angeles City Hall, Board of County Supervisors, Assemblymembers…