Thank you for attending this Los Angeles 2017 Mayoral Forum, instead of staying home and #liking pictures on facebook!
If you have a municipal city issue that you'd like to discuss (a problem and your solution, if you have one) call my cell phone (213.785.7272) or email ZumaDogg@Gmail.com.
My entire campaign and ten year history as a public advocate of the people is based on what people from throughout the community tell me. This 2017 L.A. Mayoral campaign is the opportunity for me to raise awareness on city issues; on platforms and in forums, like this one; that I wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to raise awareness on, with the public. We have between now and March 7th (election day) to use this campaign/election process to hold our current elected officials as accountable as possible.
First of all, please vote #YesOnS! It will be discussed, at this forum; and please go to my website http://LAMayor2017 for my articles and videos on Measure S. Ballot measures are never perfect; and this one has opposition, too. But, we must evaluate the city, as a whole; and city hall is out of control, and needs this two-year intervention. A lot of mistruths are being perpetuated from City Hall and #YesOnS opposition.
Measure S allows for affordable housing to still be built; and it allows any city project to still be built; including future projects; that do not require (pay-to-play) variances that are approved 90% of the time, according to Feb 2017 L.A. Times article.
If Measure S does not pass; expect a new wave of homeless; as affordable and low-income housing is bulldozed and cleared out of the way; for unfettered and uncheck luxury housing and retail projects and more and more skyscrapers. If Measure S does not pass, the developer keys to the city will be handed over the China developers who consider L.A. land, practically free/inexpensive/a deal.
So, #YesOnS! It's the most important thing on the March 7th ballot. Cause even if Garcetti is reelected; Measure S will prevent him from selling out the city; and bulldozing affordable housing; for two years.
And speaking of incumbent mayor Eric Garcetti...everything BAD skyrocketed under him! No one has had their way, more over past fourteen years, than Eric Garcetti; first as council President; then as mayor. He's been the architect and spokesperson for the "Smart Growth," that has brought us to skyrocketing crime/homeless encampments/budget deficit/luxury housing/skyscrapers and traffic.
Garcetti spent entire first term fundraising; and even L.A. Times published concern that this mayoral election is just a kick off for his Senate or Governor campaign. So, please do not vote for a mayor who let the city fall apart; and is going to run for higher office, upon re-election.
Please vote for me (David "Zuma Dogg" Saltsburg).
Ten years ago, Garcetti became council president; and I entered city hall over First Amendment, free speech issues; that were preventing me from my income; as a public performer.
Once, at city hall; while waiting to speak on my own issue; I heard all the stories (public comments) of other people, throughout the city; burnt by city hall. I also was forced to sit through council agenda items; and I was seeing and hearing what council was doing. I quickly began showing up to each and every council meeting, for years; trying to be a hockey goalie vs city council. led by council president Garcetti.
See the quotes (below) from various media outlets and even L.A. elected officials, on David "Zuma Dogg" Saltsburg. And, mostly...please go to my website LAMayor2017.com for videos/tweets/reads about this election and City of Los Angeles.
Thank you,David Saltsburg
Candidate/Los Angeles Mayor (March 07, 2017 Election)
QUOTES ON MR. DOGG/DAVID SALTSBURG:
* "Zuma Dogg is a crusader fighting for free-speech rights. He's been able to do it with humor and substance." Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti/Los Angeles Times
* "Zuma Dogg was beating me, hard. He was beating City Council, hard." - Former L.A. Mayor/2018 CA Governor Candidate Antonio Villaraigosa
* "David 'Zuma Dogg' Saltsburg has been a community activist in Los Angeles for more than 10 years successfully taking on City Hall on numerous occasions."/City Watch LA
* "Zuma Dogg, who is smarter than and knows more about city government than most Council members, has become something of an urban folk hero, skewering City Hall foibles and failures in his frequent public comment appearances broadcast on Channel 35. His 2009 campaign for mayorattracted respectable numbers of votes." - Ron Kaye/RonKayeLA.com
* "Local Legend" - Doug McIntyre/790-KABC
* "It would be nice to see someone with the heroism of Zuma Dogg in office." - Kevin James/870-KRLA Radio, L.A. City Commissioner
* Featured on ABC News Nightline, CBS2, KNBC4, KABC7, KCAL9, FOX11 TV and KFI, KABC, K-TALK & KRLA radio as L.A.'s most recognized and respected citizen voice.
* "Zuma Dogg fought the oppressive, tightly controlled L.A. City Council meetings presided over by Council President Eric Garcetti, who had banned video cameras. After police tried to stop Zuma Dogg from taping the council deliberations, he railed against the big shots for months, slamming Garcetti as “Garshady” on his show and on his whistleblower blog. "Whatever happened to free speech in this country?," Zuma Dogg asked. He prevailed against Garcetti’s rules, and now brings his cameracorder to every council meeting, as can any member of the public thanks to him." - LA Weekly.
* "You're actually one of my favorite people to watch on TV." - Former L.A. Mayor Richard Riordan to Zuma Dogg on KABC radio.
* "An original treasure of Venice." - Los Angeles City Councilman Bill Rosendahl
* " A civic treasure." - Michael Higby/Mayor Sam's Blog (L.A. politics)
* "Zuma Dogg, not only one of the most recognizable figures at City Hall, cordially greeted by passersby, including security guards and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, he also has the ear of high-level insiders, who feed him information in the hope that he’ll expose, and possibly stop, one questionable government project or another." - LA Weekly
* "Something between stunned and amazed. We''ve never seen anything like it. I like Zuma Dogg. He's a class act." - Los Angeles City Council President Herb Wesson
* "I too, as you may know, am a Deming fan. I think your synthesis of his work is fabulous." - Anthony Robbins
* "Your, "Interpreting Deming's 14 Points, " is well done. I appreciate it much." - Dr. W. Edwards Deming on "Interpreting Deming's 14 Points," by Zuma Dogg. (Published internationally in "Quality Digest.") -- FYI: Mr. Dogg believes this is his #1 qualification, as a mayoral candidate (and must be for any mayoral candidate).
ZUMA DOGG WINS FEDERAL RULING (AUGUST 07, 2013)
Zuma Dogg vs Los Angeles City Council:
The Honorable Federal Judge Dean Pregerson: "The court finds Zuma Dogg's discussion of a councilman’s alleged criminal activities is relevant to a discussion of funding that the City intends to give to that councilman’s District.
Indeed, this incident is exemplary of why it is unconstitutional to restrict speakers from [the mere mention of a councilmember's name] in City Council meetings; it chills speech critical of elected officials, which is speech at the heart of the First Amendment.
The city that silences a critic will injure itself as much as it injures the critic, for the gadfly’s task is to stir into life the massive beast of the city, to “rouse each and every one of you, to persuade and reproach you all day long.” - PLATO